|Franklin Templeton Shootout 5K|
presented by Greg Norman Estates
|Learn More »|
Height: 5 ft, 10 in|
Weight: 145 lbs
College: University of Alabama
Turned Pro: 2013
Birthplace: Louisville, Kentucky
- Attended Saint Xavier High School in Louisville, Ky
- Earliest golf memory was first time breaking 100 as a child
- Favorite courses played are Augusta National and Cypress Point
- Would like to play Pine Valley and Shinnecock Hills
- Favorite pro teams are the Boston Red Sox, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Penguins and Golden State Warriors
- Favorite TV show is "Entourage"
- Favorite movie is "The Shawshank Redemption"
- Favorite music artist is Drake
- Favorite athletes are Kobe Bryant and Sidney Crosby
- Favorite city is San Diego
- Dream foursome would include his dad, Carrie Underwood and Nick Saban
- Not many people know he can do a hand stand
- Collects golf balls from all of his wins
- Avid shoe collector
- Works with Boys & Girls Club of Kentuckiana
- The three-time AJGA junior champion returned to the American Junior Golf Association as a tournament host, hosting the inaugural Justin Thomas Junior Championship in Kentucky in 2016
- Top bucket-list item is to watch "the 'Bama football team win a national championship in person."
- Motto is "No excuses. Play like a champion."
- First-tee introduction song would be "Go Get It" by T.I
- Twitter name is @justinthomas34.
|PGA TOUR Victories|
|(2) 2017 CIMB Classic. 2016 CIMB Classic. |
|(1) 2014 Nationwide Children's Hospital Championship. |
|2016 PGA TOUR Money & Position |
- Advanced to the FedExCup Playoffs for the second consecutive time in his career, making it to the TOUR Championship for the first time. Entered the Playoffs finale in the No. 12 position in the FedExCup standings and finished T6 at East Lake to end his season No. 12 in the FedExCup standings. Recorded 10 top-25 finishes from 28 starts. Of those, five were top-five showings, including his maiden PGA TOUR victory at the CIMB Classic
- Following his rookie season on TOUR, opened the 2015-16 season with a T3 at the Frys.com Open. Closed with a 69 and narrowly missed a 30-foot birdie on the final hole to finish one shot out of the Grillo-Na playoff
- Captured first career PGA TOUR event at the CIMB Classic in Malaysia in late-October. Playing in 39th career PGA TOUR event, entered the final round tied with Brendan Steele at the top of the leaderboard after opening 68-61-67. Second-round 61 matched career low (2015 Sony Open, Round 2). Overcame a double bogey on the 14th hole on Sunday, responding with three consecutive birdies on Nos. 15-17 to post a 6-under-par 66 and win by one stroke over Adam Scott, becoming the youngest winner of the event at the age of 22 years, 6 months and 3 days. Also marked fourth consecutive winner on TOUR under the age of 24 dating back to the 2015 TOUR Championship (Jordan Spieth)
- On a challenging PGA National layout, was the only player in The Honda Classic field to post all four rounds in the 60s. The former University of Alabama standout finished T3, along with playing partner and friend, Blayne Barber, an Auburn Tiger
- Posted final-round 7-under 65 at THE PLAYERS to jump 20 positions on the leaderboard and finish T3 at 10-under
- In his third start in the Travelers Championship, finished T3 after a final-round 8-under 62. Round was highlighted by five consecutive birdies on Nos. 5-9
- Broke up three scores of even-par 71 at The Barclays in rounds one, two and four with a third-round, 5-under 66 to claim a share of 10th place with Jordan Spieth. Marked his first top-10 showing in his fourth FedExCup Playoffs event
- Wrapped up his season with a T6 in his TOUR Championship debut.
Click here to return to The Franklin Templeton Shootout Player Index.