|Franklin Templeton Shootout 5K|
presented by Greg Norman Estates
|View Results »|
Final Round News & Notes
|Friday: Partly cloudy with occasional sun breaks. Highs reaching 81 degrees with winds from the ESE at 5-10 mph. Saturday: Partly cloudy with heavy afternoon rain. Highs reaching 80 degrees with winds from the ESE at 5-10 mph. Play was suspended at 1:59 p.m. due to heavy rain with only two teams finished. Play resumed at 3:49 p.m. for a total delay of 1 hour and 50 minutes. The course received two inches of rain. Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs reaching 80 degrees with winds from the SE at 5-10 mph.|
FINAL SCORES & EARNINGS
- 1. Sean O’Hair/Kenny Perry 64-61-60—185 (-31) $750,000/team
- 2. Charles Howell III/Rory Sabbatini 66-63-57—186 (-30) $470,000/team
- 3. Jason Dufner/Vijay Singh 66-63-59—188 (-28) $280,000/team
- T4. Jerry Kelly/Steve Stricker 68-63-58—189 (-27) $195,000/team
- T4. Stewart Cink/Carl Pettersson 67-62-60—189 (-27) $195,000/team
- T4. Davis Love III/Brandt Snedeker 62-65-62—189 (-27) $195,000/team
- T7. Keegan Bradley/Brendan Steele 67-64-60—191 (-25) $162,500/team
- T7. Dustin Johnson/Ian Poulter 67-65-59—191 (-25) $162,500/team
- 9. Bud Cauley/Rickie Fowler 66-67-63—196 (-20) $155,000/team
- 10. Justin Leonard/Scott Verplank 70-67-63—200 (-16) $150,000/team
- 11. Fredrik Jacobson/Greg Norman 72-68-63—203 (-13) $145,000/team
- 12. Mark Calcavecchia/Mike Weir 70-71-65—206 (-10) $140,000/team
NEWS & NOTES
- Kenny Perry becomes the oldest winner of the Shootout. Perry won the ACE Group Classic in Naples, Fla., in February on the Champions Tour.
- Kenny Perry made his 10th start in the Shootout, while partner Sean O’Hair made his second. Last year, O’Hair finished 10th at the Shootout with Jason Dufner as his partner.
- Kenny Perry becomes the fifth player to win the Shootout three different times. Perry won the Shootout in 2005 with John Huston as his partner and again in 2008 with Scott Hoch as his partner.
- Steve Elkington (’93, ’95, ’98), Fred Couples (’90, ’94, ’99), Brad Faxon (’94, ’00, ’01) and Scott McCarron (’97, ’00, ’01) are the other golfers to win three times at the Shootout. Perry has the fewest starts in the Shootout among this group.
- Sean O’Hair a four time winner on the PGA TOUR last won at the 2011 RBC Canadian Open.
- Since the event moved to Naples in 2001, the second-round leaders/co-leaders have now won seven of 12 events. Second-round leaders won three straight from 2007-09 and back-to-back in 2011 and 2012.
- The lowest 54-hole score at Tiburon Golf Club was shot by Brad Faxon and Scott McCarron in 2001 with a 33-under-par 183. The all-time mark is 34-under-par 182 by Fred Couples and Raymond Floyd in 1990 when the tournament was staged at Sherwood CC in Thousand Oaks, CA.
- The lowest round in Scramble format is a 55 shot by three different teams:
- 55 Peter Jacobson/John Cook (1998)
- 55 Greg Norman/Nick Price (1993)
- 55 Greg Norman/Steve Elkington (2005)
- Tournament host Greg Norman and his partner Fredrik Jacobson finished 11th.
- Five individuals competed in their first Shootout: Bud Cauley, Carl Pettersson, Vijay Singh, Brandt Snedeker and Fredrik Jacobson.
- Only nine players have been on a winning team in their first start in the tournament. That list includes Mark O’Meara (1989), Curtis Strange (1989), Fred Couples (1990), Scott McCarron (1997), Hank Kuehne (2003), Rod Pampling (2006), Woody Austin (2007), Keegan Bradley (2011) and Brendan Steele (2011).
- Mark Calcavecchia played with his 12th different partner in this tournament, teaming up with Mike Weir this year. This was Calcavecchia’s 19th appearance in the Shootout, second only to host Greg Norman, who played for the 23rd time.
- The only two teams to successfully defend their title at the Shootout are Brad Faxon/Scott McCarron (2000, 2001) and Hank Kuehne/Jeff Sluman (2002, 2003).
- Last year, the team of Keegan Bradley and Brendan Steele became the first rookie team to win the event. This year they finished T7.
|About Franklin Templeton Investments|
|Franklin Resources, Inc. [NYSE:BEN] is a global investment management organization operating as Franklin Templeton Investments. Franklin Templeton Investments provides global and domestic investment management to retail, institutional and sovereign wealth clients in over 150 countries. Through specialized teams, the Company has expertise across all asset classes — including equity, fixed income, alternative and custom solutions. The Company’s more than 600 investment professionals are supported by its integrated, worldwide team of risk management professionals and global trading desk network. With offices in 35 countries, the California-based company has more than 65 years of investment experience and over $770 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2015. For more information, please visit franklintempleton.com.|
|About The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples|
|The AAA Five Diamond, Forbes Four Star Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples is renowned for its exceptional personalized service, inventive cuisine and luxurious accommodations, with panoramic views of the adjacent Greg Norman-designed Tiburón Golf Club. The 295-room Mediterranean-style resort, ranked as one of the top hotels in the U.S. by U.S. New & World Report is home to a pair of 18-hole signature Greg Norman golf courses at Tiburón. The course is the host location for both the annual PGA TOUR Franklin Templeton Shootout, held in December and the LPGA’s CME Group Tour Championship Event, held in November.|
|About Tiburόn Golf Club|
|Tiburón Golf Club, offering two Greg Norman-designed golf courses, was carved from 800 acres of prime Southwest Florida real estate. The courses reflect Norman’s appreciation for pristine natural settings and his passion for great golf. The Black and The Gold courses contain a combination of stacked sod-wall bunkers and tricky coquina waste bunkers. Tiburón features a 27,000-square-foot Mediterranean-style clubhouse with fine dining, private member locker rooms and lounge areas, and a fully-equipped golf shop. The member-only Fitness and Health Club offers state-of-the-art cardiovascular and strength training equipment, a spacious aerobics room, massage treatment rooms, men’s and women’s locker rooms, steam rooms and a club room for private functions. Certified as an Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary by Audubon International, Tiburón reflects a strong commitment to enhancing and protecting the natural resources. Tiburón Golf Club at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples, annually hosts the Franklin Templeton Shootout, the LPGA CME TOUR Championship and is home to the Tiburón Golf Academy and Tiburón Golf Performance Group, featuring top industry professionals in golf instruction, custom club fitting and building, sports psychology and fitness. |
Franklin Templeton Shootout
Click here to return to The Franklin Templeton Shootout News Index.