|Franklin Templeton Shootout 5K|
presented by Greg Norman Estates
|View Results »|
Second Round News & Notes
|Second-round results from the $3.1 million Franklin Templeton Shootout...Friday, December 11, 2015...7,271-yard, par 36-36--72, Tiburon Golf Club at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples, FL...54-hole PGA TOUR-sanctioned event featuring 12 two-man teams with a different format each day...Today’s format was Modified-Alternate Shot...Saturday’s format will be Better Ball...Friday’s weather: Mostly sunny and pleasant with highs in the low-80s. NE winds 7-12 mph. Saturday’s forecast -- sunny and warmer with highs in the mid-80s. |
|1.||Daniel Berger & Charley Hoffman||60-64—124||(-20)|
|T2||Jason Dufner & Brandt Snedeker||61-64—125||(-19)|
|T2||Harris English & Matt Kuchar||58-67—125||(-19)|
|4||Billy Horschel & Hunter Mahan||59-68—127||(-17)|
|T5||Graeme McDowell & Gary Woodland||59-70—129||(-15)|
|T5||Cameron Tringale & Camilo Villegas||60-69—129||(-15)|
|T7||Charles Howell III & Rory Sabbatini||61-69—130||(-14)|
|T7||J.B. Holmes & Patrick Reed||62-68—130||(-14)|
|9||Zach Johnson & Patrick Rodgers||64-67—131||(-13)|
|T10.||Sean O’Hair & Mike Weir||65-67—132||(-12)|
|T10||Kenny Perry & Steve Stricker||65-67—132||(-12)|
|12||Retief Goosen & Danny Lee||63-72—135||(-9)|
NEWS & NOTES
- Charley Hoffman and partner Daniel Berger shot an 8-under-par 64 on Friday in the Modified Alternate-Shot format for a 36-hole total of 20-under-par 124. The pair holds a one-stroke margin over the teams of Jason Dufner/Brandt Snedeker and Harris English/Matt Kuchar at the 27th annual Franklin Templeton Shootout.
- Charley Hoffman and his teammate, Daniel Berger, the reigning PGA Tour Rookie of the Year, are among five players competing in this event for the first time. Should they prevail on Saturday, they would be the 12th and 13th player to win this event in their first visit. There has been a first-time winner in each of the last two years -- Harris English in 2013 and Cameron Tringale last year.
- The team of Harris English and Matt Kuchar couldn’t continue their torrid pace of their previous seven rounds here (79-under-par), but the duo birdied the last three holes to finish with a 5-under-par 67. They’ll begin Saturday’s final round just one stroke back. The 2013 champions finished second here in 2014, one behind Jason Day and Cameron Tringale.
- The team leading after 36 holes has won this event the last four years. The last team to come from behind was Ian Poulter and Dustin Johnson in 2010. They trailed by just one stroke after 36 holes.
- The low round in Saturday’s format (Better Ball) was a 57 turned in by Craig Stadler/Lanny Wadkins in 1996.
- The day’s best round in the Modified Alternate-Shot format was turned in by the teams of Daniel Berger/Charley Hoffman and Jason Dufner/Brandt Snedeker. They each finished at 8-under-par 64.
- There was just one eagle on Friday and that was registered by the team of Patrick Reed and J.B. Holmes on No. 17. The pair also made an eagle on No. 17 on Thursday.
- The winning team will split $770,000 ($385,000 each).
- The Franklin Templeton Shootout 5K presented by Greg Norman Estates will be held at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday with the start and finish line located at the Main Gate of the tournament. Traditionally, this event has attracted hundreds of runners. Proceeds for the event go to CureSearch for Children’s Cancer, the tournament’s official charity. One of the participants last year was Matt Kuchar, who finished 19th in a field of 355 runners.
- Saturday’s final round will be televised by FOX Sports. The broadcast is slated from 1:00-5:00 p.m. Joe Buck will handle the play-by-play with Greg Norman handling the analyst’s role.
|About Franklin Templeton Investments|
|Franklin Resources, Inc. [NYSE:BEN] is a global investment management organization operating as Franklin Templeton Investments. Franklin Templeton Investments provides global and domestic investment management to retail, institutional and sovereign wealth clients in over 150 countries. Through specialized teams, the Company has expertise across all asset classes — including equity, fixed income, alternative and custom solutions. The Company’s more than 600 investment professionals are supported by its integrated, worldwide team of risk management professionals and global trading desk network. With offices in 35 countries, the California-based company has more than 65 years of investment experience and over $770 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2015. For more information, please visit franklintempleton.com.|
|About The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples|
|The AAA Five Diamond, Forbes Four Star Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples is renowned for its exceptional personalized service, inventive cuisine and luxurious accommodations, with panoramic views of the adjacent Greg Norman-designed Tiburón Golf Club. The 295-room Mediterranean-style resort, ranked as one of the top hotels in the U.S. by U.S. New & World Report is home to a pair of 18-hole signature Greg Norman golf courses at Tiburón. The course is the host location for both the annual PGA TOUR Franklin Templeton Shootout, held in December and the LPGA’s CME Group Tour Championship Event, held in November.|
|About Tiburόn Golf Club|
|Tiburón Golf Club, offering two Greg Norman-designed golf courses, was carved from 800 acres of prime Southwest Florida real estate. The courses reflect Norman’s appreciation for pristine natural settings and his passion for great golf. The Black and The Gold courses contain a combination of stacked sod-wall bunkers and tricky coquina waste bunkers. Tiburón features a 27,000-square-foot Mediterranean-style clubhouse with fine dining, private member locker rooms and lounge areas, and a fully-equipped golf shop. The member-only Fitness and Health Club offers state-of-the-art cardiovascular and strength training equipment, a spacious aerobics room, massage treatment rooms, men’s and women’s locker rooms, steam rooms and a club room for private functions. Certified as an Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary by Audubon International, Tiburón reflects a strong commitment to enhancing and protecting the natural resources. Tiburón Golf Club at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples, annually hosts the Franklin Templeton Shootout, the LPGA CME TOUR Championship and is home to the Tiburón Golf Academy and Tiburón Golf Performance Group, featuring top industry professionals in golf instruction, custom club fitting and building, sports psychology and fitness. |
Franklin Templeton Shootout
Click here to return to The Franklin Templeton Shootout News Index.