|Franklin Templeton Shootout 5K|
presented by Greg Norman Estates
|View Results »|
Final Round News & Notes
|Partly cloudy on Thursday with highs in the low-80s. Variable winds 7-12 mph. Mostly sunny on Friday with highs in the low-80s and NE winds 7-12 mph. Sunny, breezy and warmer on Saturday with highs in the mid-80s and ENE winds 10-15 mph with occasional gusts to 25 mph.|
- Round 1: Scramble
- Round 2: Modified Alternate Shot
- Round 3: Better Ball
|1||Jason Dufner & Brandt Snedeker||61-64-61-186||(-30)||$770,000 (per team)|
|2||Harris English & Matt Kuchar||58-67-63-188||(-28)||$485,000 (per team)|
|3||Daniel Berger & Charley Hoffman||60-64-66-190||(-27)||$290,000 (per team)|
|4||Billy Horschel & Hunter Mahan||59-68-64-191||(-25)||$230,000 (per team)|
|5||Cameron Tringale & Camilo Villegas||60-69-66-195||(-21)||$200,000 (per team)|
|6||Graeme McDowell & Gary Woodland||59-70-67-196||(-20)||$180,000 (per team)|
|T7||Retief Goosen & Danny Lee||63-72-62-197||(-19)||$167,500 (per team)|
|T7||Sean O’Hair & Mike Weir||65-67-65-197||(-19)||$167,500 (per team)|
|9||Kenny Perry & Steve Stricker||65-67-66-198||(-18)||$160,000 (per team)|
|T10||Zach Johnson & Patrick Rodgers||64-67-68-199||(-17)||$152,500 (per team)|
|T10||Charles Howell III & Rory Sabbatini||62-68-69-199||(-17)||$152,500 (per team)|
|12||J.B. Holmes & Patrick Reed||61-69-70-200||(-16)||$145,000 (per team)|
NEWS & NOTES
- Jason Dufner and Brandt Snedeker closed with a final-round score of 11-under-par 61 and a 54-hole total of 30-under-par 186 to win the 27th annual Franklin Templeton Shootout by two strokes over the team of Harris English and Matt Kuchar. Dufner and Snedeker each won $385,000 with the victory, while English and Kuchar each won $242,500 with their second-place finish.
- The winning total of 30-under-par 186 was the highest winning score by a team since Ian Poulter and Dustin Johnson finished with a 54-hole total of 30-under-par 186 in 2010.
This was Dufner’s third appearance in the Franklin Templeton Shootout and his best previous finish was a third place in 2012 with Vijay Singh. Snedeker was making his fourth start in the event. He finished T4 in 2012 with Davis Love III.
- Although they finished two-strokes shy of the team of Jason Dufner and Brandt Snedeker, Harris English and Matt Kuchar had another stellar showing in this event. The team won the title in 2013 and has finished second each of the last two years. In that span, they are a combined 93-under-par in their nine rounds here.
- Cameron Tringale, who teamed with Jason Day to claim last year’s title, finished fifth with partner Camilo Villegas, who was a last minute addition to the field after Day and his replacement, Chris Kirk, had to withdraw.
- The team of Daniel Berger and Charley Hoffman turned in an impressive showing in their debuts in the tournament. They finished third overall with a 54-hole score of 26-under-par 190.
|About Franklin Templeton Investments|
|Franklin Resources, Inc. [NYSE:BEN] is a global investment management organization operating as Franklin Templeton Investments. Franklin Templeton Investments provides global and domestic investment management to retail, institutional and sovereign wealth clients in over 150 countries. Through specialized teams, the Company has expertise across all asset classes — including equity, fixed income, alternative and custom solutions. The Company’s more than 600 investment professionals are supported by its integrated, worldwide team of risk management professionals and global trading desk network. With offices in 35 countries, the California-based company has more than 65 years of investment experience and over $770 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2015. For more information, please visit franklintempleton.com.|
|About The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples|
|The AAA Five Diamond, Forbes Four Star Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples is renowned for its exceptional personalized service, inventive cuisine and luxurious accommodations, with panoramic views of the adjacent Greg Norman-designed Tiburón Golf Club. The 295-room Mediterranean-style resort, ranked as one of the top hotels in the U.S. by U.S. New & World Report is home to a pair of 18-hole signature Greg Norman golf courses at Tiburón. The course is the host location for both the annual PGA TOUR Franklin Templeton Shootout, held in December and the LPGA’s CME Group Tour Championship Event, held in November.|
|About Tiburόn Golf Club|
|Tiburón Golf Club, offering two Greg Norman-designed golf courses, was carved from 800 acres of prime Southwest Florida real estate. The courses reflect Norman’s appreciation for pristine natural settings and his passion for great golf. The Black and The Gold courses contain a combination of stacked sod-wall bunkers and tricky coquina waste bunkers. Tiburón features a 27,000-square-foot Mediterranean-style clubhouse with fine dining, private member locker rooms and lounge areas, and a fully-equipped golf shop. The member-only Fitness and Health Club offers state-of-the-art cardiovascular and strength training equipment, a spacious aerobics room, massage treatment rooms, men’s and women’s locker rooms, steam rooms and a club room for private functions. Certified as an Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary by Audubon International, Tiburón reflects a strong commitment to enhancing and protecting the natural resources. Tiburón Golf Club at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples, annually hosts the Franklin Templeton Shootout, the LPGA CME TOUR Championship and is home to the Tiburón Golf Academy and Tiburón Golf Performance Group, featuring top industry professionals in golf instruction, custom club fitting and building, sports psychology and fitness. |
Franklin Templeton Shootout
Click here to return to The Franklin Templeton Shootout News Index.